Asphalt Project Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for an Asphalt Project Manager on our Asphalt team. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
To manage Asphalt projects in the company's work area in order to achieve projects that are completed safely, on time and on budget while meeting project requirements.
1. 2-4 year degree preferred in construction management or engineering from an accredited college or equivalent.
2. Minimum 2 years project management experience.
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame.
2. Reviews project proposals to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
3. Establishes work plan and staffing and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
4. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
5. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel.
6. Reviews status report and prepares project reports.
7. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
8. Coordinates and/or solicits DBE contractors.
9. Meet with customers and satisfy their needs.
10. Meet with subcontractors.
11. Monitor subcontractors work.
12. Monitor upcoming work.
13. Create project schedule & monitor projects from bid to completion.
14. Reconcile vendor statements monthly to assure all invoices are paid.
15. Prepare billings & collections.
16. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
17. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
18. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance, of Knife River workforce as well as subcontractors workforce.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mdu.com If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.