- Act as pilot in command of scheduled flights, make decisions to start, delay or cancel a flight. Allowed latitude to deviate from planned flight when conditions dictate.
- Ensure pre and post flight inspections are performed and respond accordingly to any problems.
- Study weather conditions for all aspects of the flight and analyze the effect weather will have on the flight. Respond accordingly notifying appropriate personnel of any changes or delays to scheduled flight.
- Plan, prepare and file flight plans through appropriate channels.
- Responsible for a clean and prepared aircraft, ensuring all provisions and equipment on board are ready for the safety and comfort of the passengers.
- Review and calculate the aircraft weight and balance, fuel on board and performance charts to assure aircraft is operating within its limitations.
- Assist with miscellaneous flight department duties including administrative or maintenance activities.
- Works closely with and communicates to Travel Coordinator regarding flight schedules, passenger manifests and or other arrangements as needed.
- Must maintain a valid, unexpired driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and remain insurable at all times through company insurance program.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Requires excellent vision, good customer service skills and basic mechanical aptitude. Must be extremely safety conscious.
- Certified pilot with a minimum of 2,000 flight hours of pilot in command experience and a minimum of 4,000 total flight experiences.
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency. Experienced in reading flight software and weather radar.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal form. Will communicate through various devices such as radio, computer, phone and hand signals.
- Degree in Aviation Management preferred.
- Ability to make quick judgment decisions.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.