Western Iowa Dairy Alliance Seeking Executive Director
Western Iowa Dairy Alliance is seeking an executive director to lead association focused on serving the dairy community in western Iowa. Responsibilities will include managing membership communications and relationships, leading event planning and coordination, and providing strategic oversight to grow the organization.
Manage membership, administrative and organization oversight activities for WIDA
- Maintain updated membership records and databases
- Coordinate annual membership renewal and recruitment process
- Manage program and administrative costs to meet the budget set by the board of directors
- Manage WIDA relationships with contractors, service providers, and vendors
- Create and maintain WIDA record keeping and filing system
Oversee organization Board and committee meetings
- Work with the President to create agendas and materials for each meeting
- Schedule and coordinate meeting preparations with board members
Manage organization strategic planning process
- Ongoing review of mission and priority areas
- Develop an annual plan and budget in conjunction with the board
- Develop measurement and tracking tools to report progress against annual plan to board at monthly meetings
- Work with board to develop new policy documents and update existing policy documents as needed
Coordinate or oversee the successful execution of following tactics identified by WIDA board in 2017 strategic plan, including but not limited to:
- Annual membership meeting
- June Dairy Month Open House
- Dairy Day at Clay County Fair
- Central Plains Dairy Expo booth
- Western Iowa Dairy Alliance web site and social media accounts
- Dairy product donation program
- Educational workshop programming
- Monthly email newsletter and periodic print newsletter
Serve as WIDA’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, media, and general public
Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance WIDA’s mission.
Supervise and collaborate with WIDA staff and contractors
- Understanding of dairy industry and agriculture
- Degree in Agriculture, Dairy Science, Marketing or Business and two to five years of work experience with dairy science/extension, dairy-related sales/marketing or dairy production/industry.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience in organization management and membership outreach
- Knowledge of public relations and marketing approaches to effectively convey intended messages to targeted audiences.
- Knowledge of issues management and crisis communications principles and guidelines.
- Ability to organize and direct a work effort without direct authority or reporting lines, and accomplishing a goal on time and within budget; and the ability to manage the efforts of outside vendors.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers and partners
Hours and Work Environment
- WIDA’s office is located in Orange City, Iowa. Executive Director is expected to work in the office at least one day per week. Executive Director must also be available to coordinate some evening and weekend events or programs as needed.
- Employment is based on full-time, 40 hours/week.
- WIDA offers a competitive wage, commission, paid mileage, PTO
712-441-5308 or WesternIowaDairy@gmail.com with questions.