At empirical, we believe everyone deserves safe, quality, and affordable food. Our task is to meet the world’s ever-increasing nourishment needs within the constraints of our precious natural resources. To get there, we need to think bigger and smarter.
empirical isn’t a gigantic corporation. Instead, we are a smart, tight-knit and strategic company of doers. We hire quality people who develop fulfilling careers that make a significant impact on our world. Discover a variety of opportunities to grow your career.
Join the future of food!
- Oversee and manage administrative and support staff which includes clerical support, reception, janitorial and travel. Will supervise personnel, assign and delegate tasks and duties, write and participate in performance reviews along with making recommendations on salary.
- Manage and perform various administrative duties. Will coordinate and/or provide support to senior management and other department managers requiring administrative support.
- Obtain, maintain and retain accurate administrative records which includes but is not limited to contractor documentation, certificate of insurance, confidentiality agreements, safety training, insurance related files such as vehicle registration, and insurance cards. Required to generate reports and perform various audits to ensure compliance.
- Will process invoices for various areas to include but not limited to legal, consulting, special projects. Will audit for accuracy, obtain required approvals and ensure timely submittal for payment.
- Will manage calendars for senior management and conference rooms. Duties will include setting up meetings, agendas, coordinating schedules and making travel arrangements with both internal and external parties.
- Quantify and report business travel statistics to manager including senior management as well as periodically audit travel documentation and expense reports. Duties include management of company vehicle usage, coordination and tracking of vehicle maintenance, recalls, repairs or other related items to ensure vehicles in compliance, safe and operationally sound.
- Balance and audit monthly credit card statements which includes obtaining receipts, reviewing for accuracy and notifying management of any suspicious or fraudulent activity. Will obtain approvals, process statement and submit for timely payment.
- Will oversee and ensure good working relationships with shipping vendors such as UPS, Fed-Ex and USPS. Will manage shipping equipment and supplies and effectively manage issues as they arise.
- Manage reception desk, ensure appropriate coverage and back-up coverage to appropriately handle on-site visitors, phone calls, messages, incoming and outgoing mail and packages, and other various front desk responsibilities.
- Manage office supply inventory, janitorial supplies and other office related items. Ensure adequate space to properly store. Responsible for managing overall cleanliness and tidiness of office.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Proven strong interpersonal, leadership, and coaching skills including demonstrated ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts. Able to mentor others and foster a team environment. Strong planning, organizational and time management skills required. Critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Proficient in office technology such as copiers, scanners, fax machines, phone including Microsoft software suite such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees as necessary both verbally and in written form. Ability to maintain confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- 5 plus years in an administrative field which includes leadership experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. May be substituted for relevant work experience.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8130.
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled