Ag Processing Inc (AGP) is looking for an Accountant to join the team at our office in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa! This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and exposure to a variety of accounting functions at a processing facility. This position will prepare the successful candidate for future advancement opportunities within the company and a long-term career with a great organization!
Daily review of various accounting activities
- Assisting in mid-month and month-end physical inventory of plant commodities
- Prepare accurate and timely production work papers for the accounting close
- Prepare journal entries
- Maintain assigned capital & expense project records
- Reconcile general ledger account balances
- Prepare & analyze financial statements and prepare various other financial information
- Assist with product invoicing, grain settlements, payroll and budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to make sound business judgments in resolving generally understood and/or more complex accounting issues.
- Knowledge of computer software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Oracle experience is preferred.
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, problem solving, decision making and attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.